Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Current Nail Colour - Essie

As we step into the 'ember' months, it only means one thing (and no, I am not referring to the countdown to Christmas), Autumn is approaching.

I have decided to take a head start and indulge in my first Essie purchase. At £7.99, this is probably the most expensive nail varnish in my collection. But with all the continuous hype which is circulating the online beauty world, I had to give it a try. Whilst 'umming' and 'arring' at the stand, I found myself drawn to the deeper shades of the range. I think it may just be because I am all 'pasteled' out.

The colour which I opted for is in shade 'Sole Mate'. It really is the perfect, deep plum. From a distance, the nail looks black, but once you are close, it transitions into a beautiful, moody purple tone. Dark shades can sometimes look 'gothic' on those with paler skin, like myself, however the purple tones throughout the polish warm up your complexion. This can only be a bonus when entering the cooler months.






I may be one of the minority, but I am a huge Autumn fan. I love the crisp mornings and dark evenings, cosy jumpers and fallen leaves. This nail varnish to me defines this season.

1 comment:

  1. Hey i nominated you for libster on my page sorry if you already did it x

    ReplyDelete