Monday, 20 August 2012

V Festival 2012 - Hylands Park

Yesterday, I encountered once of the enjoyable days I can remember. Surrounded by those closest to me, we embarked on the adventure that was... V Festival.

Although this may not be for everyone, I could not think of anything more exciting than enjoying live music, sun, beverages (which may have been on the alcoholic side), my friends and my family. Before my trip, I spent the week before panicking about what outfit I should wear and what accessories and make-up would best fit the 'festival chic' genre, however this did prove difficult with the joys of English weather being as temperamental as ever. I have to say, by the time we arrived and were sipping our first cider, I took a look around and it seemed the fashion side of the event seemed to have gone out the window. It had turned out to be a glorious day, and the majority of the crowd, including myself, were too hot to care.


At any festival, the venue is always large with various tents and stages spread around. This does make it difficult to see all the acts which you have spent months excited over, so we decided to take a step back and just enjoy. Who cares if you don't make it in time to see the whole set of Cher Lloyd?... oh no, my mistake, she didn't complete her set after storming off stage. Anyway, we casually strolled over to the stages/tents which we had time to see, and didn't worry about the ones we didn't, which made the day a lot more relaxed.

As the evening was drawing in, we decided to make our way back over to the main stage, after indulging in some Chinese food, where we found a great spot to watch Tinie Tempa. Yes, we did spend the majority of his set dodging bottles, of God knows what, which were flying through the crowd, but it was well worth it. His enthusiasm on stage was electric and he had every single person on their feet with their arms in the air. He was the perfect crowd-pleaser and I could feel the 'buzz' for the remainder of the evening. Following Tinie, were Snow Patrol. As we all know, their music is a lot softer and the crowd seemed to mellow slightly throughout their performance whilst the sun was setting. And then we had the Grand Finale - The Killers. At this point the sun had set, and it was the perfect way to end an unforgettable day. Everyone seemed to club together whilst singing their greatest hits. And when the faint sound of Mr Brightside began on the guitar, the feeling was unexplainable. A true classic.


I wont go into details about our adventure trying to leave the venue. This proved very difficult, and when spending a day on your feet in, not so comfortable, flip-flops, the last thing you wish for is to get lost.

So, we may have cheated slightly and booked a hotel for the night, but we all have to ease ourselves in somehow right? And, it was the best decision I've ever made. Climbing into a cool, bouncy bed at the end of a tiresome day doesn't get much better.

V Festival 2012 will be a day which will stay with me for years to come. A day of sunshine, laughter and loved ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment