Sunday, 5 August 2012

Current Nail Colour - Topshop

I've decided to give myself a break from the beautiful lilac colour in my previous 'Current Nail Colour' post. As much as I could wear it continuously, I wouldn't want to out-wear it!

So, I decided to venture over to the Topshop make-up range, which has been oh so raved about across the internet. Initially, I was ready to try out a blue shade, which is new to me, but decided on a vibrant orange/coral. Now, be careful when finding this exact shade, because there are two orange shades which are almost too similar. I opted for the colour 'Causing a Stir'.


Excuse the slightly chipped nails, but on the plus side, I applied this nail colour last Sunday, which makes it a week today, without a top coat! Now, I don't know about you, but for my nail colour to still be in 'almost' perfect condition a week down the line is a first for me.

I have to be honest, when first applying this colour, I wasn't too sure how I felt. When looking through my nail collection, it seems that I have been playing it very safe with lots of 'pretty' pinks/reds/neutrals. It took me a day or so, but I now absolutely love this shade! It gives a pop of colour to any look and is very 'statement', I almost feel as though it has given me a burst of confidence.

At the moment I am working a fairly pale complexion and it looks great, but we all know how amazing vibrant colours look on darker skin tones too. So, in a nutshell, if you are looking for an uplifting, positive colour, 'Causing a Stir' is the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment