Saturday, 11 August 2012

Current Nail Colour - No.7

Today I decided to finally remove the Topshop colour which had been on my nails for 2 weeks. I think it's safe to say that colour is insanely long-lasting and well worth the money...

...But onto this post. I decided to opt for a more 'low key' colour this time, a beautiful pastel pink which had been collecting dust in my nail basket. I purchased this No.7 nail varnish in the shade 'Pinky Pure 160' with the infamous £5 boots voucher a while ago, but it must have been playing hide and seek, or I just completely forgot about it?

Anyway, the reason I was eager to blog about this product so soon after posting a previous 'Current Nail Colour' review is because I cannot explain the sheer disappointment I feel with this product. Yes, the colour may look aesthetically pleasing and 'cute', but the formula itself is shocking. To start with the packing states 'Pigment Rich Colour', well that's an absolute lie. I have never spent so long applying layer after layer of varnish to try and achieve the colour in the bottle. It must have taken me approximately 6-7 coats, no exaggeration, however I lost count. Who has the time to be sitting at home re-applying coats of nail varnish onto each finger, unable to touch a thing until dry?!

Even once I had applied enough coats to achieve a look slightly close to the bottle, I felt as though my nails just felt like gloop and I had to be careful for the rest of the morning with what I touched. You can see from the image attached they are not in perfect condition for freshly painted nails. They look more like 2-3 day old nails with slight wear and tare.

My apologise for the negative post, I just felt the need to vent my anger and share this in case any of you had spotted the colour and thought 'oooh what a lovely, subtle pink'. This product will not give you the look you would expect, unless you are willing to spend well over an hour on tedious re-applications and then long awaited drying process.

As I have spent a whole morning of my weekend trying applying this so it looks half decent, I will be keeping the colour for as long as it will wear, however once this leaves my nails, I refuse to use this again.

No.7, where did this go wrong?

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, it's perfect. Such a shame about the amount of coats it takes!x

      Delete
  2. Love this! So, cute! :) Great blog!!

    Check out my blog?
    http://thelooneybuttdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty colour! Love neutrals

    www.maryjanett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im not a fan of there coloured polishes either but the base/top coats are excellent!
    Cool blog:)

    http://thriftyfriday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, I will have to check the top coat out. I guess you never know until you try!

      Delete