Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Torn Between Lovers

Well... not quite. But almost.

Okay, so following my raving review about Chanel's Vitalumiére Aqua, which I still stand by, I found myself browsing the make-up counters of my local department store, trying to dissuade myself from buying anything MAC. Next thing I know, I am walking out £27.00 lighter with a new Estée Lauder foundation which goes by the name of Double Wear Light.

What a revelation, and why haven't I discovered this before!? Of course, I have heard the name flown around from time to time, but I have never found myself eager to try. When swatching on the back of my hand (awful idea, I know) the lovely lady pounced on me and that was that. My 'can't say no' nature must be plastered over my forehead - I'm a saleswo/man's dream!

Moving onto the foundation, although I have to admit, the texture and consistency doesn't come close to Chanel, the staying power really is on another level. You may remember me mentioning my oily complexion and paranoia of the looking like a disco ball? Banished. I apply this foundation at around 7am most morning's and when I return home from work, with absolutely no touch ups, I still look as fresh faced as first thing in the morning. How is that even possible? I'm even starting to contemplate whether my skin complexion has magically swapped overnight to 'normal'!

The consistency is noticeably thicker when first applied to your skin which, when compared to the luxury of Vitalumiére Aqua, is a slight negative, however this is to be expected with a long-lasting foundation. The description on the packaging states:
"15 hour wear" check
"Lightweight, comfortable make up controls oil and stays vibrant and fresh throughout your active day." check
"Won't clog pores" check (as of yet)
"Transfer resistant, won't 'melt' off through heat and humidity" huge check

For your information, my shade in Estée Lauder Double Wear Light is 'Intensity 02'. I shall now insert the generic image of the packaging.



I have to say, out of naivety, I truly thought no other foundation could make me part with my beloved Chanel Vitalumiére Aqua, but maybe this was just lust? Obviously, I would hate for Double Wear Light to just be a mere rebound, and I will certainly bare in mind the grass may not be greener on the other side. I just hope that if this is the case, Chanel will take me back?

No comments:

Post a Comment