Monday, 23 July 2012

MAC Chatterbox

After pining over MAC's Chatterbox for quite some time, I decided to take the plunge and 'invest'... and I am glad I did!


First of all, I will talk about the colour - a perfect pink which is completely wearable for both day and night. This may be controversial to some, but I have to admit I am not a fan of 'Barbie' shades, especially on myself. Chatterbox is effortless and elegant, however it still does have the ability to turn heads. Rather than a 'bright' or 'baby' pink, I would describe the colour as slightly deeper. A pink with depth, and warmer, almost purple, undertones, which would suit a variation of skin tones, from dark to light.

The finish to the lipstick is 'Amplified', drying to a slightly matte texture, which ensures the colour is long-lasting and extremely pigmented. As much as I love a smooth, moisturised feel to the lip, I have never taken to Cremesheen finishes as I find they slide off my lip after no time. Although the Amplified finish is slightly matte, it really doesn't leave your lips feeling dry or crumbly. That alone is a huge positive!

I ordered the lipstick through the MAC website, which is always a worry considering the swatches are, lets just say, less than accurate. However, after my usual routine of researching blogs and swatches, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

In a nutshell, I really would recommend Chatterbox to anyone who is looking for an everyday, wearable pink with fantastic staying power, and without the Barbie resemblance.

No comments:

Post a Comment