Sunday, 15 July 2012

Current Nail Colour - Rimmel

Just a light and breasy post for a Sunday!

I made the bold move of cutting my nails (sob). The reason for the 'chop' is because I find it hard for bolder nail colours to look wearable on longer length nails.

I have been a fan of Rimmel 60 Second nail polishes for a while now. I find them affordable, very pigmented and they do genuinely dry in 1-2 minutes. Let's be honest, who really enjoys waiting around, unable to touch anything until your nail colour has dried? I certainly don't.

With the summer trend of pastel and light coloured nails, I have been eager to pick up a lilac varnish. Originally close to purchasing Essie's 'St Lucia Lilac', I decided to just go for Rimmel on the basis I wasn't sure how often it would be worn, and at half the price, you can't go wrong.

The colour is '620 HOW DO YOU LILAC IT?', and I am in love with it. With cheaper polishes, you do have to be wary of chipping, however for the price, let's be honest, you really can't complain! A decent top coat varnish will do the trick for staying power.

Happy Sunday all - my roast dinner is calling!

3 comments:

  1. love that colour, i am so into pastel colours these days! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a wonderful colour :) i love this one and should definitely check it out!
    in btw you have a really nice blog, dear. keep up the great work!
    maybe you'll have a look on mine as well, if you like :))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete